[imp] Quick poll

Nigel Cass N.Cass at Hull.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 02:57:42 PDT 2004

Hi Everyone.

I've been running the stable RELENG versions (with updates whenever
required) of horde, imp and turba for more than 2 years now and would like
to thank the developers for a fantastic suite of products.

We're now in a position where more and more of our users have moved over to
using webmail and I need to put extra hardware in. We're also in a position
where we are starting to seriously *need* some of the extra features in the
HEAD versions of imp et al.

I'm just interested in a quick poll of who is actually using the HEAD
versions in production? As I'm becoming more and more tempted to do so.
Possibly alongside the RELENG versions as an "experimental" service but
hopefully one that people will use more for the extra functionality....

Also interested in any advice to go with that methodology - i.e, how often
to update from CVS, advice on staging those updates to make sure nothing is
broken, obvious gotchas etc etc.

TYIA & keep up the good work Chuck, Jan, Michael and the rest of you :)

N.