[imp] Fwd: IMP Security

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 28 06:08:47 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from robert.gruber at inode.at -----
    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:35:39 +0200
    From: Robert Gruber <robert.gruber at inode.at>
 Subject: IMP Security
      To: chuck at horde.org

Hello Chuck!

I'm searching for a solution that allows a secure method of login and password
transmission.

The code under ./config/motd.php doesn't solve my problem.

Perfectly where a combination of these both. SSL/TLS encryption just for the
login page and the rest unencrypted. So that no one can
spy logins and passwords.

Currently I used SSL/TLS encryption for all pages. But on email accounts with
lots of messages there is a performance problem.

Will be the login and password transmitted just on the login page or anywhere
else in IMP?

Thank you!

Have a nice day!

Robert Gruber

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
"But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy." - John Quincy Adams