[imp] imp folders/caching

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Sep 28 22:27:02 PDT 2004

Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Trying to work through the new changes in the folder tree code, you
> mind giving
> some pointers to help me understand a couple of things?
>
> How does the $_prefs['expanded_folders'] tie into things? I want to have a
> certain set of folders always expanded by default for all users and
> I've tried
> setting this to some values but it does not seem to have any effect.
> I might be
> setting it wrong too. It doesn't seem to be called on first load of
> the folders
> screen, but only upon subsequent expansion of the INBOX, right?

Incorrect.  This should be called when the Tree is initialized.  Make
sure it is
in the correct format -> the IMP expanded_folders pref is a serialized array
consisting of the mailbox name to expand as the key and '1' as the value.

i.e. $expanded_folders = serialize(array('INBOX' => 1, 'INBOX.foo' => 1));

> Also, the folders seem to be cached always from starting from the
> INBOX? So, if
> you start from INBOX/foo, it would have to drop back to INBOX to cache?

Not quite following you here, but I think the answer is yes.  Since INBOX is
never allowed to be collapsed, it is always the base (along with any other
hierarchies).  Therefore, any folders would be cached under INBOX.

michael