[imp] Help with imaps not connecting

George Theall theall at tifaware.com
Fri Oct 1 09:44:00 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 09:48:36AM -0600, thewade wrote:

> So, I got imapd to work with imp,

Congratulations!

> I built imap with make lnp SSLTYPE=unix but I kept getting what is
> shown below
> > OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN]
>
> The fix came when I tried make slx SSLTYPE=unix.

The difference between these two is in the authentication mechanism: PAM
in the first case, shadow passwords in the second.  I use the former,
but either should work with IMP.

Had you set up a service file for imap (ie, /etc/pam.d/imap)?

> Then it was just a
> matter of removing the loopback only default value in the sendmail.cf
> and opening a hole in the firewall for port 25.

This is unrelated to imap authentication.

George
theall at tifaware.com