[imp] Help with imaps not connecting

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Fri Oct 1 08:48:36 PDT 2004

So, I got imapd to work with imp, and I thought Id post the fix here
incase somebody like me does a web search, finds the thread and wants
to fix their own problem.
Thanks George Theall for your patient help!

I built imap with make lnp SSLTYPE=unix but I kept getting what is
shown below
> OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN]

The fix came when I tried make slx SSLTYPE=unix. Then it was just a
matter of removing the loopback only default value in the sendmail.cf
and opening a hole in the firewall for port 25.

Thanks again for all the help!
-thewade