[imp] PHP 5.0 and Imp

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Wed Oct 6 06:02:52 PDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:48:07 -0700
"Gary Smith" <gary at primeexalia.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get Imp to work under PHP 5.0.1 this week and
> ran into a few oddities.  I know there is a lack of general support
> for this topic but I would appreciate any help that can be offered.
> I have a functional Imp install at this time but I ran into a couple
> items.  In particular, there was a file under
> /horde/lib/MIME/Viewer.php around line 40.  There was a comparison
> to get_class($mime_part) != "mime_part".  The expression under PHP
> 5.0.1 always returned false as the value returned from
> get_class($mime_part) was "MIME_Part" which is != "mime_part".
> There are a couple other notices as well which I have suppressed.
>
> So my question is...  Has anyone done this work already and if so do
> you have a list of everything that needs to be tweaked to get a
> fully operational Imp, turba, etc...  install?

If you check the list archives for a thread I started: "Empty Logout Screen with PhP 5.0.2" you can get some more info.  Bottom line is PhP 5 will not be supported for Imp 3.x, but should be supported in 4.x.  Not sure when that will be out though.  Might help developers if you tested CVS Imp/Horde with PhP 5.

Josh