[imp] IMP 3.2.6 search results problem

mcaplin at miami.edu mcaplin at miami.edu
Mon Oct 18 09:28:14 PDT 2004

I think you have a great product; we are testing 3.2.6 (to upgrade from
2.2.7) but I am having a problem with a missing search result under
certain condtions:

When searching a few mailboxes, if the search results include duplicate
message numbers (for example: message 3 of mailbox2 and message 3 of
mailbox3), only the latter is displayed.  I did some debugging and saw
that $sorted in mailbox.php contains the complete search results but after

$sortedIds = array_flip($sorted);   [line 599 of mailbox.php]

$sortedIds (which I believe is used to create the display) is missing one
of the "duplicate" message Ids.  Also, the resulting page will have
something like "1 to 16 of 16 messages" but only 15 messages are listed.

Could you use a compound key (maybe folder_index.message_id or some format
that includes the mailbox) for $sortedIds so this will not happen?

michael caplin
mcaplin at miami.edu