Default install w/ IMAP-UW won't work on FreeBSD - was [imp](no subject)

Thomas O'Brien thomas at creativebusinessystems.com
Wed Oct 20 22:57:50 PDT 2004

Quoting Chris <cth at fast.dnswatch.com>:

> Greetings,

>>> Yes, I did. But it appears I forgot to "dupe" the line I commented out
>>> and add the correct protocol. The modified version follows:
>>>
>>>  $servers['imap'] = array(
>>>      'name' => 'IMAP Server',
>>>      'server' => 'localhost',
>>>  //    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
>>>      'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>>>  //    'port' => 993,
>>>      'port' => 143,
>>>      'folders' => 'Mail/',
>>>      'namespace' => '',
>>>      'maildomain' => '<my domain.name here>',
>>>      'smtphost' => 'localhost',
>>>  //  'realm' => '<my host.domain.name here>',
>>>      'realm' => '',
>>>      'preferred' => ''
>>>  );
>>>
>>> After making the modification, it still fails with the same error(s) as
>>> indicated in my original message (further up.).
>>>
>>> Any other possibilities?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your input.
>>
>> If IMAP was built without SSL you should be able to telnet to port 143?
>> If IMAP
>> was built with SSL you'll have to go to port 993. And maybe simply
>> using just
>> IMAP as your protocol to a non-SSL buil of IMAP will help as well. I
>> don't use
>> UW IMAP, as a matter of fact I don't use any flovor of *NIX. So I'm a little
>> out of place here.
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Thanks for your reply. The IMAP-UW from the FreeBSD ports that are available
> for this version of FreeBSD builds an SSL/TLS version only. I have since at-
> tempted to build the non-ssl/tls version with the -DWITHOUT_SSL
> switch. However,
> it did not eliminate the inability to logon without SSL/TLS. As a possible
> reason for this, I'm going to guess that when PHP was built with IMAP
> support,
> that it included the SSL/TLS IMAP-UW. Which might mean having to build
> mod_php4 again using the -DWITHOUT_SSL switch. Am I the only FreeBSD v.5 user
> attempting to install a *working* copy of HORDE/ IMP? Please speak up
> if you have
> any pointers on this.
> Thanks for all your time and consideration in this matter.
>
> --Chris

Chris,

I wouldn't have any idea who else might be using FreeBSD v.5 but let's
get this
thread back on the list and see if there's anyone out there.

Another thing to verify is that your using the correct version of HORDE
and the
Framework. You can check this at http://www.horde.org/source/versions.php

Good luck.

Thomas