[imp] Mysql-innodb migration scripts OK

Jacques Beaudoin jacques-beaudoin at cspi.qc.ca
Thu Oct 21 10:56:52 PDT 2004

Hi Paul

After correcting the bug in my database I migrated on my
test server all my 1900 users and 7gig innodb file
from dbmail_1.2.11 to dbmail_2.0 with no problem.

2 notes could be added to the script to
help "mysql-expert" and "non-expert" (where ever whe fit in......)

1 - Include the USE staments like
    USE ?????;
    (NB: Replace ????? by your dbmail database name)

2 - Lines at the top of the script like

    To execute this script do:

    1 - change to the script directory (for me it is)
        cd /usr/local/src/dbamil-2.0.0/sql/mysql
    2 - execute by typing
        cat migrate_from_1.x_to_2.0_innodb.mysql | mysql -v -u root

        NB: the -v (verbose) is important because users will know
            where the scripts is at and not left with a black
            screen and blinking hard drives lites for 2 hours or more.

Thanks again for your fine work.

Bien à vous

Jacques Beaudoin
Agent d'administration
Les services des technologies
de l'information et des communications
Commission scolaire de la Pointe de l'Île
Montréal, Québec, Canada