Default install w/ IMAP-UW won't work on FreeBSD - was [imp](no subject)

Chris cth at fast.dnswatch.com
Thu Oct 21 16:39:20 PDT 2004

Greetings,
 Indeed. Please see the instructions I posted for others to use on this matter
about an hour after sending this request. In short; You are correct, I figured
out a similar solution to the one you provide, shortly after submitting this
request. Long answer; In fact, if you choose to install horde+imp out of the
ports dir. You will not be prompted for any options regarding the installation
of imap-uw or cclient. It will merrily make/ install them with the default
options - with SSL/TLS. However, after further investigation, I was able to
discover that choosing the: make -DWITHOUT_SSL switch. It will be made with
PAM/ KERBEROS/ PLAINTEXT options and without SSL/TLS option(s). Then following
that with a: make -DWITHOUT_SSL install; will install it with the same.
PLEASE NOTE - doing a REinstall, requires:
setenv FORCE_PKG_INSTALL
and if you've installed mod_php4 you will need to make sure that IMAP_SSL
was NOT chosen. Or else you will end up with apache sending corrupt data
to your client(s).

 'nuff said.
Thanks again for your response.
--Chris

--
The one who says it can't be done should not
interrupt the one who is doing it.