Default install w/ IMAP-UW won't work on FreeBSD - was [imp](no subject)

Thu Oct 21 06:19:02 PDT 2004

Zitat von Thomas O'Brien <thomas at creativebusinessystems.com>:

> > Thanks for your reply. The IMAP-UW from the FreeBSD ports that are
> > available
> > for this version of FreeBSD builds an SSL/TLS version only. I have since
> > at-
> > tempted to build the non-ssl/tls version with the -DWITHOUT_SSL
> > switch. However,
> > it did not eliminate the inability to logon without SSL/TLS. As a possible
> > reason for this, I'm going to guess that when PHP was built with IMAP
> > support,
> > that it included the SSL/TLS IMAP-UW. Which might mean having to build
> > mod_php4 again using the -DWITHOUT_SSL switch. Am I the only FreeBSD v.5
> > user
> > attempting to install a *working* copy of HORDE/ IMP?

> I wouldn't have any idea who else might be using FreeBSD v.5 but let's
> get this thread back on the list and see if there's anyone out there.

This is not a problem of the OS, and recompiling PHP will not solve the issue.
When you install the imap-uw port, you will see a message. Part of this message
is the following which explains which ports you have to recompile and how:
---snip---
===>   NB: IMAP-UW now rejects non-encrypted logins by default. To change this
===>   behaviour, recompile and reinstall cclient and imap-uw ports with one of
===>   the following make variables defined:

WITHOUT_SSL - build without SSL/encryption support.
WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT - build with SSL/encryption support, but allow
non-encrypted logins.
---snip---

Bye,
Alexander.