[imp] IMP 4.0 pgp question

Eric Sheesley esheesle at bcpl.net
Fri Oct 22 13:55:42 PDT 2004

I decided to upgrade my IMP 3 implementation to IMP 4.  I checked out horde,
framework, imp, turba, and kronolith and got them up and running(minus
kronolith which is fighting me).  I generated a pgp key and sent a copy to
the pgp key server.  Now the problem I am having is sending/receiving signed
or encrypted emails.  I check the option to examine text messages for pgp
content but everytime I go back to that screen it is unchecked.  When I send
an encrypted and/or signed message to my imp account it sees the message but
never attempts to decrypt or verify(just shows me the encrypted contents or
signature).

That's the first problem.  The second is whenever I sign or encrypt from my
imp account.  It adds a .dat file to the message for signature or encrypted
contents.  For the encrypted message I just received a .dat file in my
message.  When I open that with pgp it decrypts but why is it stored as a
.dat instead of inline text?  Any way to fix this?

Thanks,
Eric