[imp] Horde/Imp login problems

Steven Siller stevensillerspam at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 06:28:49 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Disclaimer: First, I know almost nothing about Horde
and its components, as I have inherited this setup
from the previous system administrator. (Oh, I know
almost nothing about system administration nor linux
either.)

Problem: I logged into Horde this morning and was able
to open mail. When I tried to send a response to one,
the mailing failed with an error code 71 (I cannot
remember the exact message, but the error code is
correct.) I have since been unable to relogin to
Horde. (The login screen just blinks back at me.) At
roughly the same time, all the other machines became
unable to access e-mail via Horde (but have been able
to do so using other software). There is evidence that
our system had a hard reboot 2 days ago, but Horde was
working fine until this morning. A reboot of the
server this afternoon failed with indication that some
x11 font files had been corrupted.

Question: If the Horde etc. needs to be reinstalled
(any other suggestions would of course be
appreciated), I presume that the Address Book and
Calendar files would be over written. Where are they
likely to be and can I just recopy them back into the
system after a reinstallation? Any other suggestions
w.r.t. solving the general problem/cause of problem?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Steven