[imp] unserialize error

Robert G. Ristroph rristroph at airlinksystems.com
Tue Nov 2 07:48:48 PST 2004

> > I am using Horde version 2.2.4 and IMP version 3.2.4.
> >
> > One of the people I work with occasionally gets this error from Horde IMP:
> >
> >  Notice: unserialize() failed at offset 0 of 36 bytes in
> > /home/webmail/html/horde/lib/Auth.php on line 250
> >
> >  Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> > started at /home/webmail/html/horde/lib/Auth.php:250) in
> > /home/webmail/html/horde/imp/lib/Browser.php on line 68
> >
> >  Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> > started at /home/webmail/html/horde/lib/Auth.php:250) in
> > /home/webmail/html/horde/imp/lib/Browser.php on line 7
>
> Been through that. In my case, iy appeared to be due to users hitting
> the 'back' button of their browsers up to a (customized)  login  page,
> then starting a new session under another account without logging  out
> from the previous one. Since we've managed  to  pass  the  information
> that  clicking  'logout'  was absolutely mandatory to switch sessions,
> there has been no new report.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Greets,
> _Alain_

Thanks for the suggestion.  It certainly seems to have something to do with
sessions.  The user who is experiencing this doesn't use more than one account.
 The problem was happening fairly regularly, but went away (for now) after he
rebooted his windows computer.  Possibly he had logged in more than once to the
same account, and that somehow was causing it ?

I'll let the list know if I can find a way to reliably reproduce this.

--Rob