[imp] unserialize error

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Mon Nov 1 18:02:14 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 11:21:49AM -0600, Robert G. Ristroph wrote:

> I am using Horde version 2.2.4 and IMP version 3.2.4.
>
> One of the people I work with occasionally gets this error from Horde IMP:
>
>  Notice: unserialize() failed at offset 0 of 36 bytes in
> /home/webmail/html/horde/lib/Auth.php on line 250
>
>  Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /home/webmail/html/horde/lib/Auth.php:250) in
> /home/webmail/html/horde/imp/lib/Browser.php on line 68
>
>  Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /home/webmail/html/horde/lib/Auth.php:250) in
> /home/webmail/html/horde/imp/lib/Browser.php on line 7

Been through that. In my case, iy appeared to be due to users hitting
the 'back' button of their browsers up to a (customized)  login  page,
then starting a new session under another account without logging  out
from the previous one. Since we've managed  to  pass  the  information
that  clicking  'logout'  was absolutely mandatory to switch sessions,
there has been no new report.

Hope it helps.

Greets,
_Alain_