[imp] Translation cache?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Nov 4 06:26:54 PST 2004

Zitat von Fabio Gomes <flgomes at fazenda.sp.gov.br>:

>   Omg, guess what. As I said I updated the translation of the string
> "Mail" in
> horde/po/pt_BR.po file. That's the only po file in my installation with the
> string "Mail". Then, was there I made the change.
> But doing some debug in my installation today I figured out that
> Horde/IMP was
> looking for the translation of the string "Mail" in horde/imp/locale, not in
> horde/locale where should be the right place to check.
>
>   Then I discovered that the already compiled
> horde/imp/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/pt_BR.mo file had the translation for
> "Mail" in it, but the pt_BR.po file hasn't.
> What I've done? I included the translation for the string "Mail" in IMP
> pt_BR.po file and recompiled it. Then the translation worked as was supposed
> to work.
>
>   Then be aware: The po files with the IMP instalation DOES NOT reflect the
> already compiled mo files.

This is by intention. The applications' .mo files are created from the
applications' .po files merged with horde's po file. This is necessary
because you can only have one textdomain active at the same time, while a
lot of strings in the applications come from horde code.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/