[imp] Link Breaks in IMP

Alina Muchnik muchnika at msu.edu
Tue Nov 16 05:24:24 PST 2004

Hi all-

I apologize if this has been asked before.  I searched the archive via
Google with no success.

I like Imp a lot.  However, there is one "feature" that I have difficulty
with.  I believe that most email readers do not automatically insert line
breaks at the end of each line.  Rather, the text is simply one long string
of characters until the user intentionally inserts a line break.

However, Imp (3.0) inserts line breaks when you save/send email.  When the
recipient replies, all those extra line breaks create some level of havoc
with the original message.

I have never seen this problem with any other email program.  Can anyone
please advise me on why Imp does this, and if there is any way to configure
it to not insert the line breaks?

Thanks!

AM