[imp] Authentication

Piviul pluto at flanet.org
Tue Nov 16 07:53:16 PST 2004

Hi all, I'm a newbie and I have some authentication problem with IMP. My
IMAP server is Courier IMAP and I set it to get authentication in clear.
But I fear that IMP (using IMAP/NOTLS) get it using CRAM-MD5. In effect
when I test the imap connection from *imp/test.php*, I get the following
error:

>array(3) {
>  [0]=>
>  string(52) "Retrying CRAM-MD5 authentication after Login failed."
>  [1]=>
>  string(52) "Retrying CRAM-MD5 authentication after Login failed."
>  [2]=>
>  string(50) "Can not authenticate to IMAP server: Login failed."
>}

There is some way to have the authentication process in clear?

Thank you very much.

Piviul