Horde DB changes from 2.1 to 3-beta? (was Re: [imp] Re: turba-h3-2.0 bug/problem)

Steve Lidie sol0 at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Nov 16 11:00:59 PST 2004

On Nov 15, 2004, at 10:19 AM, Steve Lidie wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2004, at 9:58 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>>>
>>> BTW, is there code to convert these old MySQL table formats (IMP 3.1
>>> /
>>> Turba 1.1) to the new (IMP 4 / Turba 2)?  Thanks.
>>
>> No. Patch?
>
> No, obviously.  Give me a day or so or more, depending on how complex
> current tables turn out to be, and I'll have a standalone program to
> do it from source, if that's OK. It was on my list if no one else had
> done the work, hence the inquiry.
>
> Thanks,

My real question is:  where do I find out the detailed structure
changes of the Horde/IMP MySQL tables from IMP 3.1 to IMP 4 beta - not
just the row and column fields (I can see and make those changes), but
the format of, say, preference values.

I've got most of the conversion code working, but for, instance, the
last_login value from the horde_prefs table was an IMP-scoped second of
the epoch, but it's now a horde-scoped multi-valued field with other
data accompanying the second of the epoch. So I cannot simply copy it
from the old DB to the new, but must re-format it before the last login
time/location is displayed properly.

Thanks,