Horde DB changes from 2.1 to 3-beta? (was Re: [imp] Re: turba-h3-2.0 bug/problem)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Nov 16 11:07:22 PST 2004

Quoting Steve Lidie <sol0 at Lehigh.EDU>:

> My real question is:  where do I find out the detailed structure
> changes of the Horde/IMP MySQL tables from IMP 3.1 to IMP 4 beta - not
> just the row and column fields (I can see and make those changes), but
> the format of, say, preference values.

There is no list. That's what creating the upgrade scripts and
documentation is
about.

> I've got most of the conversion code working, but for, instance, the
> last_login value from the horde_prefs table was an IMP-scoped second of
> the epoch, but it's now a horde-scoped multi-valued field with other
> data accompanying the second of the epoch. So I cannot simply copy it
> from the old DB to the new, but must re-format it before the last login
> time/location is displayed properly.

For this particular case, I'd just discard the old preferences. Last login is
transitory information; it won't hurt anything to have people get a
Last Login:
Never on their first login to the new version.

-chuck

Quincy Adams