[imp] horde help needed

123connect info at 123connect.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:53:46 PST 2004

hi

not sure if this is the right place to send for help so apologies if I am
wrong.  anyway can anybody help with my problem:

we have two servers, both freeBSD, running horde and we are transferring
domains from one to the other as the first had some problems.  one of the
domains needs to get his old email contact list from server1 so he can put
it on server2.  our tech says it is not a good idea to copy the files
across as they may cause a problem on the new server so what I need to know is:

can you access the webmail or email on server one while the site and dns
point to server2 (ie can you access horde from an ip address?)
if anyone has a suggestion we are all ears

thank you for your time, not sure how this gets replied to so can you email
info at 123connect.co.uk

many thanks for your time and hopefully your solution

regards

jeff