[imp] horde help needed

Michael Yingbull mbull at uoguelph.ca
Fri Nov 26 14:06:10 PST 2004

123connect wrote:

> hi
>
> not sure if this is the right place to send for help so apologies if I
> am wrong.  anyway can anybody help with my problem:
>
> we have two servers, both freeBSD, running horde and we are
> transferring domains from one to the other as the first had some
> problems.  one of the domains needs to get his old email contact list
> from server1 so he can put it on server2.  our tech says it is not a
> good idea to copy the files across as they may cause a problem on the
> new server so what I need to know is:
>
> can you access the webmail or email on server one while the site and
> dns point to server2 (ie can you access horde from an ip address?)
> if anyone has a suggestion we are all ears

The web server would have to be configured to use the IP as the name, I
believe, else it with resolve to the name when you start the http session.

Turba is the address book module - it has an export function.  Have your
client export the address book, and then import it on the other
server.   Unless you're upgrading versions I don't see why you can't
take the addressbook data with you, though.  Even if you are upgrading,
there are conversion utils.