[imp] mail that was 400K of text - help please!

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 3 07:38:30 PST 2004

Quoting david at infonet.com.br:

>             I discovered while trying to open a mail that was 400K of text,
> as soon as
> I click to open this mail, the httpd process (Apache) is spawned and uses
> 99.9% of the
> processor for the entire 1 1/2 minutes while the mail is being opened.
>             Any suggestion?

Is this *any* message > 400K, or a specific message or messages > 400K?

If it is any message > 400K, you either have a resource allocation problem
on the system (e.g. memory starvation) or you have a software problem (error
in your imap libraries, etc).

If it is specific messages only, they are probably non-conforming messages,
and the best thing to do is delete them, or if possible find out why
they are non-conforming so either the sender can fix it, or Horde can
try to work around it if it is reproducible and worth the effort.

For instance, spam and virus messages are often mal-formed messages and
can cause things to go nuts...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics