[imp] changing user name

Darragh Bailey felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Tue Dec 7 02:11:16 PST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Kent Martin wrote:

> > UPDATE horde_prefs SET pref_uid = 'newname' WHERE pref_uid = 'oldname'
> >
> Actually, it is probably a good idea to have something that does this,
> as well as delete a users prefs (and any other common task) that is left
> in scripts/ (I note there is a scripts/remove_prefs.php there already -
> don't know if it works though).
>
> I would be happy to spend the few minutes it would take to knock these
> together if it is something that people think is worth putting in the
> tarball.

I keep meaning to knock something together myself for the website that I
help maintain. We don't have too many changes in usernames, perhaps 7
requests out of about 800 users, so <1%. But they can be a little annoying
to get right when you do have to go about it.

Its one of those things which most people won't need, but when you do
it'll be so handy.

--
Darragh

"Nothing's foolproof to a sufficently talented fool"