[imp] IMP 4.0 message viewing bug (?)

Mahlon E. Smith mahlon at martini.nu
Fri Dec 31 13:56:55 PST 2004

Been trowling through the lists, seeing a lot of others mentioning
similar issues, but no solution as of yet.

Giving the new releases a whirl - everything works beautifully as far as
I can tell, with the exception of listing email.  (BTW, I love the GUI
preference settings.  Damn slick.)

IMP correctly gets and displays message counts. (And obviously auths
ok.)  All IMAP folders are listed.  Each folder just displays "There are
no messages in this mailbox."

I've tried fiddling with the folder views (threaded, subject, etc) as
well as double and triple checking my settings - anything to show what
is causing this via trial and error - but I'm coming up emptyhanded.

FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
IMP 4.0
Horde 3.0
Courier-imap 3.0.8
cclient-2004a

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => '10.0.20.16',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => getenv('HTTP_HOST'),
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'dotfiles' => false,
    'hierarchies' => array()
);

Holler if any additional info would be beneficial.

-Mahlon

Mahlon E. Smith                      jabber id: mahlon at chat.martini.nu
http://www.martini.nu/             get pgp key:  mahlon-pgp at martini.nu
   Shell that was once steak,  Now hides the Jell-O pudding, It's the
                      worst flavor. -Todd Harris