Performance (was Re: [imp] IMP H3 (4.0) (final))

Steve Lidie sol0 at Lehigh.EDU
Mon Jan 3 12:12:49 PST 2005

On Dec 23, 2004, at 7:33 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> After three years of work, the Horde Team is very excited to announce
> the
> final release of the IMP Webmail Client version H3 (4.0).

IMP 4 seems to be (much) slower than IMP 3.  On a fast Win32 box with 1
GB memory running XP Pro, login to an account with 2,000 mails on IMP3
requires a few seconds and 45 MB of memory on the PC.  The same account
on IMP4 requires 2-3 *minutes* to login and uses 117 MB of memory.  The
IMP 4 machine is bigger and faster than the IMP 3 machine and, not
being production, has no load at all.  Assuming performance comparisons
have been made, is what I am seeing expected behavior?

Thanks,

Steve