[imp] Courier + IMP 3 = Folders subscriptions now auto on?

Michael Yingbull mbull at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jan 3 12:35:09 PST 2005

Having a strange problem with our new Courier IMAP setup.   While I have
the prefs option set to:

// Server Information preferences

// use IMAP subscribe?
// value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
$_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
    'value' => 0,
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions?")
);

Which seemed to allow us to not use folder subscriptions under a
previous UW setup, we're now seeing users not seeing some email folders
and having to click on "Show Unsubscribed" in the folders view, and then
subscribe them.

Is this a misconfig we're just now noticing, or did the change to
Courier make a difference as to how Subscriptions behave?

Any input would be welcome.