Performance (was Re: [imp] IMP H3 (4.0) (final))

Steve Lidie sol0 at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Jan 4 11:55:43 PST 2005

On Jan 3, 2005, at 9:43 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Lidie Steve <sol0 at Lehigh.EDU>:

>>> Expected? No. And that sounds awfully extreme. But IMP 4 hasn't been
>>> performanced tuned the way that IMP 3 (being available stable for
>>> around 3
>>> years) had been.
>>
>> OK, I'll begin poking around.  In the meantime, do you have anything
>> specific I can do to help?
>
> Have you followed horde/docs/PERFORMANCE?

Not all of the advice, but I do have imapproxy and PHPa, lots of
memory, .... As it happens the slowdown for only for particular
accounts, e.g. large home directories and many files, thus Apache and
the IMAP daemon were having quite a lengthy conversation during login
searching for mail.  Selecting:

Mail / Options / Server and Folder Information / Use IMAP folder
subscriptions?

was the answer. Thanks.