[imp] Courier + IMP 3 = Folders subscriptions now auto on?

Michael Yingbull mbull at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jan 4 10:17:52 PST 2005

Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Michael Yingbull <mbull at uoguelph.ca>:
>
>> Having a strange problem with our new Courier IMAP setup.   While I have
>> the prefs option set to:
>>
>> // Server Information preferences
>>
>> // use IMAP subscribe?
>> // value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
>> $_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
>>     'value' => 0,
>>     'locked' => true,
>>     'shared' => false,
>>     'type' => 'checkbox',
>>     'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions?")
>> );
>>
>> Which seemed to allow us to not use folder subscriptions under a
>> previous UW setup, we're now seeing users not seeing some email folders
>> and having to click on "Show Unsubscribed" in the folders view, and then
>> subscribe them.
>>
>> Is this a misconfig we're just now noticing, or did the change to
>> Courier make a difference as to how Subscriptions behave?
>

> Do these users have a 'subscribe' value defined in their personal
> preferences?

Hi Michael - no, they done.  I have a handful of users that *now* do -
as they went and started subscribing - but that is only 240 out of
~20,000 accounts.  All others have no setting.  Do you think I should
populate them with a preference of subscribe 0 and see if that stops the
behavior?

Any  reason that it could start happening while forced off in prefs? Or
how to force it, unconditionally, to not use subscribe when pulling up
the list of the folders in the folders view, or using the list of
folders the drop down selections?   I'm willing to manually change the
code to force it if I have to -- for the quick fix -- but I've not found
which library does it.   I'd prefer not to do that, though.

Thanks for any suggestions you have.