[imp] Courier + IMP 3 = Folders subscriptions now auto on?

Michael Yingbull mbull at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jan 4 13:16:03 PST 2005

>> Which seemed to allow us to not use folder subscriptions under a
>> previous UW setup, we're now seeing users not seeing some email folders
>> and having to click on "Show Unsubscribed" in the folders view, and then
>> subscribe them.
>>
>> Is this a misconfig we're just now noticing, or did the change to
>> Courier make a difference as to how Subscriptions behave?
>

> Do these users have a 'subscribe' value defined in their personal
> preferences?

Hi Michael,

I manage to figure out in which order the problems we saw were happening
- I'd say yes, it is the users that have a 1 for the subscribe setting
that are the ones only having this problem.

My understanding - perhaps incorrect - was that locking a preference
would override anything in the prefs database.   Was this not the case,
and locked just affects if the user can change it from within IMP?   Is
the preference setting in the database authoritative regardless of the
locked settings and defaults in prefs.php?