[imp] Cannot view new message bodies / being cached. - SOLVED.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jan 9 08:52:37 PST 2005

Quoting Jason Bassford <jasonb at dante.com>:

> Okay, I solved my problem by removing PHP 5.0.3 and installing PHP
> 4.3.10.  As soon as I did this, message bodies were no longer being
> cached.

Okay. That points to something dependant on the fact that objects are
passed by
reference by default in PHP5, but not in PHP4. That's a starting point.

> My only comment here is that I'm a bit disappointed by the support
> contributions I've received here (variously being told I must be using
> some form of caching, and that I should simply switch from POP3 to IMAP)
> - am I actually the only person to be using PHP 5 and Imp in a POP3
> configuration?

Possibly. Again, you should collect your analysis into a ticket on
bugs.horde.org to make sure that the information isn't lost and that this can
be fixed in the future.

-chuck

Quincy Adams