[imp] PGP Configuration in Imp 4

William J. Petch twofour at etherworx.com
Tue Jan 11 06:37:18 PST 2005

I have just recently started using gpg keys, so this may just be a screw up
somewhere on my part.

The problem: I can't send digitally signed messages from IMP. It keeps telling
me that my passphrase is incorrect.

Background:

I have a key that I use in KDE/Kgpg on my personal machine at home.  (The key
being used now.)

I exported the public key to a file.  Then, I imported the key into IMP and it
says the import was okay.  Through the administration backend I can see the
key stored in the mysql database.  The PGP Options configuration screen shows
the following under the PGP Public Keyring section:

 William J. Petch (twofour at etherworx.com)
  [View] [Details] [Delete]

I can view the key and the details, so the key appears to be okay.  I can send
signed messages from my home machine to the server, and I can view them okay
in IMP. The following is the gpg output from IMP.

This message has been digitally signed via PGP.
gpg: Signature made Tue Jan 11 07:34:13 2005 EST using DSA key ID 79E0506B
 gpg: Good signature from "William J. Petch <twofour at twofour.ca>"
 gpg: aka "William J. Petch <twofour at etherworx.com>"

PGP looks to be configured okay.

When I try to send a message from IMP, and digitally sign it, the passphrase
popup comes up, I enter the passphrase, and it says:

 Invalid passphrase entered.

Both the server and my home machine are running FreeBSD 4.10 and gnupg v1.40.

Is there something I am missing?  I have a feeling it has to do with the Your
PGP Public/Private Keys section of the PGP Options...  I just can't seem to
make any changes to it.

--
Bill