[imp] HELP - How to debug this problem?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jan 14 13:53:28 PST 2005

Zitat von Darren Martz <darren at shelbrook.com>:

> Jan - Thanks for the response!!!
>
> Depending on if I am using Horde 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2 or HEAD I get different
> results.
>
> Mostly I have not been able to open a single email since Horde 3.0, and the
> same goes for using NAG altogether, and occasionally the addressbook.
> Everything else works just fine, albeit listing emails is fairly slow.
>
> Yesterday I grabbed HEAD for imp, horde, and framework. Then rebuild the
> mysql database all over again. Prior to that I was unable to even login, the
> screen came up blank every time.
>
> Today I can browse the address book, but NAG doesn't even appear, or produce
> an error. I was able to open ONE email message today, ONCE. Since then it
> has stopped working entirely. Clicking on an email I can see it trying to
> grab it, but it always stops with no message appearing.
>
> This happens on Safari/Mac, Camino/Mac, IE/WinXP, and apparently on
> Firefox/WinXP as well.
>
> Where do I start to debug this one?

On the webserver/php side. Check the logs, make sure that error reporting is
turned on and on the highest label in php's settings. configure php to
display the errors. If you still don't get anything in the logs, start
putting "die('foo');" into the scripts you are calling to see where they
stop or start looping.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/