RV: [imp] Adding an email address to addressbook from an incomingmessage.

Dustin Mitchell dustin at ywlcs.org
Wed Jan 19 10:46:56 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:40:48PM -0500, Dan Brown wrote:
> Quoting Alejandro Lengua <alengua at virtual-orbis.com>:
>
> >I meant a sort of link next to the email address so that with a simple
> >Click the email address would be added.
>
>     Yes, that's been in IMP at least since version 2.0.

This thread has given me a good laugh, but why waste the bandwidth?  If
you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

To set this up, you need to configure the IMP preference named
'add_source'.  Its value should be set to the name of the turba address
book (in turba/config/sources.php) that you want to use.

$_prefs['add_source'] = array(
    'value' => '',
//  'value' => 'localsql',
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

I set this up the other day, and found the above info with about 17
seconds on google.  With the addition of my post, perhaps that time will
come down to 11 seconds :)

Dustin

# Dustin J. Mitchell / dustin at ywlcs.org/djmitche at alumni.uchicago.edu
# Attacks on repressive regimes cannot justify attacks on the body of
# principles that makes their repression illegal -- Human Rights Watch