[imp] IMP using LDAP backend for authentication and preferences

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Tue Feb 1 12:02:43 PST 2005

Is it possible to use current user's username/password when storing
preferences into LDAP database?

Currently, it seems that rootdn and password are mandatory fields when
using LDAP preferences driver (they are not marked as required on the
config page, but if left empty, horde fails to run with error message
stating that they are required).

I'd expect if I was using same LDAP database for both auth and
preferences, and if rootdn and password are empty, than user's
credentials would be used for writing to the LDAP database (which is
kind of more secure than allowing single user full access and storing
that user's password in conf file on the disk).