[imp] IMP using LDAP backend for authentication and preferences

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 2 22:16:29 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 14:02 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Is it possible to use current user's username/password when storing
> preferences into LDAP database?
>
> Currently, it seems that rootdn and password are mandatory fields when
> using LDAP preferences driver (they are not marked as required on the
> config page, but if left empty, horde fails to run with error message
> stating that they are required).
>
> I'd expect if I was using same LDAP database for both auth and
> preferences, and if rootdn and password are empty, than user's
> credentials would be used for writing to the LDAP database (which is
> kind of more secure than allowing single user full access and storing
> that user's password in conf file on the disk).

----
I'm watching this with some interest here as I found the same thing with
HEAD...if I leave rootdn & rootdn password empty for what I assumed to
be an anonymous bind, it fails.

Also - and this has to be because it's not patently obvious to me, I
would love NOT having to log in once for horde (via LDAP) and then again
for mail (IMAP)  My initial thought was to grep ldap imp/config/* but
that returned as much the notion in my head to make it work as a single
log in.

Other fish to fry tonight though.

Keep me posted - I have no problems following in any wake  ;-)

Craig