[imp] saving identity info and dynamic IP in headers problem

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 8 17:03:21 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 19:54 -0500, Thomas Bolioli wrote:
> Also, it keeps on telling me the last login was never despite having
> logged in with this version before. Any ideas on that?
> Thanks in advance,
> Tom
>
> Thomas Bolioli wrote:
>
> > I have 2 issues, one is that my users IDs are not saving in the latest
> > version of IMP when I edit them under options. Nothing is getting
> > saved. I realize the horde framework is part of this so I am cc'ing
> > that list. Originally I upgraded the db and it was not a fresh
> > install. After it did not work, I wiped out everybody's settings and
> > the entire DB (except turba_objects, I found what I needed to edit
> > there to get the address books working) and it still does not work. I
> > can not edit the default ID, nor can I create a new one. I am working
> > on a mac with both FF and safari. Neither one works. Any ideas?
> > Also, IMP is setting as originating IP the dynamic IP of the user's
> > browser. This is causing false spam classification on user's email
> > sent from my very static, very properly configured rDNS established
> > mail server. How do I change IMP's default behavior of declaring the
> > sender's browser IP as the originating IP address, thus triggering
> > spam filter's, including spam assassin, from classifying them as spamy?
----
it sounds like the either
- you didn't create the sql structure via the new scripts for each
application (i.e. start with horde/scripts/sql and then
horde/kronolith/scripts/sql etc.)

- horde user/password isn't connecting to sql and thus, nothing is
getting written to sql

- there are 'migration' scripts for moving data from old horde/turba etc
to new but I guess that you missed those.

just my guess

Craig