[imp] Re: Re[2]: UTF-8 characters not displayed correctly in IMP3

Karolis Dautartas list at public.lt
Thu Feb 10 03:05:59 PST 2005

> >> No.
> >>
> >> Jan.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Do you need professional PHP or Horde consulting?
> >> http://horde.org/consulting/
> >>

> > Even if I am ready to purchase commercial support?
>
> Even then. Large portions of Horde and IMP have been rewritten during
> several months to have full charset support. Extending IMP3 to support
> that would be developing Horde3/IMP4 a second time.
>
> Instead of paying for that, you should upgrade to IMP4.
>
> Jan.

One thing is that we have spent more than a month modifying IMP to fit our needs
and upgrading to IMP4 would require a lot of work. But again  I could hire
someone to do that.

The other problem is that I have been reading this list for a while, and I have
seen a lot of messages saying that IMP4 is a LOT slower than IMP3. Is that
really the case?

Also, do you think IMP4 is stable enough to be used in production?

I am using Courier IMAP. Will that not be a problem?

Karolis