[imp] Preference Name and EMail from LDAP

Marcos Monge mmonge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:13:32 PST 2005

Hi

I have all my users (~12.000) in ldap directory. The imap server
authenticate against the ldap.

All it's working OK with Horde3/IMP4.

But when using kronolith or other modules, that require that the email
address is in the personal preference of the user, fail. Editing the
preference for each user work.

There is any way to fill this personal info of each user automatically
from the LDAP when they enter the first time?

I have try to do a hook to do this, and call the hook from
horde/imp/lib/Session.php. The hook do the search in ldap for "mail"
atribute, and then I try to assign the result in Session.php to
$_prefs['from_addr'] .  But don't work.

Probabily I'm wrong using the $_prefs['from_addr'], and the correct is
named in other way.

Any idea about how to do this?

Best regards
Marcos