[imp] Re: IMP authentication and email access very slow

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 11 10:47:02 PST 2005

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> > Getting a bit off topic now, but does anyone know why Cyrus would take
> > _SUCH_ a long to return a folder list with the '. list "" *' command?

Don't know about your Cyrus imap server, but if I do that on my imap server,
it will traverse my whole home directory.  My mail is kept in ~/mail/ so
I need to issue instead something like:

. list "mail/" *

to get just my mail folders.  In IMP, you set this prefix in the servers.php
configuration file...

Just a (quite possibly wrong) guess at a possible cause...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!