[imp] Default identity

Errol Uriel Neal Jr. eneal at dfi-intl.com
Mon Feb 14 18:01:27 PST 2005

I've been playing with IMP4 for a few days now. I'm stuck on trying to get the default identity to be equal to a modified version of the userid of the person logged into the system. I see the from_addr hook and I've been tinkering with that, but I'm not able to produce the results I want. I was hoping to get some input from the list.
User names are the fully qualified email address on my system. I modified the vinfo hook to pass user.domain.tld to the authentication backend which is cyrus, backened on mysql through pam (essentially my environment is a textbook example of the postfix-cyrus-webcyradm howto). In my “lab”, I'm trying to simulate an environment where many domains are hosted on this one system. For this reason, I left the default domain blank in servers.php. This is why my default identities are being displayed as user.domain.tld at . I'm assuming that if I put a value in that field, that value would be appended after the '@' character in the default identity.
Lastly, on an unrelated issue, is it posslbe to have users bypass horde and log directly into imp? I cannot access imp without first logging inot horde.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Errol Neal

Errol Uriel Neal Jr.
Network Administrator