[imp] Re: bad bad bad

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Thu Feb 17 07:34:32 PST 2005

Quoting Aldo Chattah <aldo at surhost.com>:

> Each time I use IMP, I wonder how it is possible the Horde guys downgrade
> this product each time they upgrade it. An incredibly complex and huge set
> of scripts that cannot deliver the main thing: to show clearly an email box!
> The icons are more and more misterious, the security bugs proliferate like
> rabbits and the overall use of the interface is so frustrating... My list of
> obvious concept mistakes is so long, does not pay to ennumerate them.
> Horde guys missed the point. We want to see our emaill, that's it.

While we respect your opinion, if you are going to take the time to
bitch and complain about free software the least you could do is
explain your issues with it rather than giving blanket statements such
as, for example, "the security bugs proliferate like rabbits"?  What
are we honestly supposed to do with that statement?  What security
bugs?  You are telling us you have audited our code and are not going
to share your conclusions?  And are you using some mysterious,
non-existant webmail program that has no security issues at all?

michael