[imp] Imp 3.2.1 Options...

Gordon Guthrie gordon_guthrie at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:36:22 PST 2005

I am having some problems with an installation of Imp 3.2.1 under the Horde
2.2.3

I had been happily working with Horde/Imp from the Debian stable packages,
but a fore upgrade of the PHP version to the testing branch on Debian was
required for another crucial app. On doing that, it broke Imp which I then
discovered was obsolete...

To get the new version to work I took the two Red Had 9 rpms for Horde and
Imp, converted them over to debs using Alien and installed them.

Running test.php revealed that I ought to upgrade Pear which I then did as
per the instructions.

Everything seems to be tickety boo! with a couple of exceptions...

My users can only send e-mail from 'name'@localhost, they cannot edit their
from address.

I think they ought to be able to overrule that in their Options, but I
cannot get an options menu anywhere and I don't know if it ought to be on
the Horde home or the Imp home or both or neither...

I also haven't been able to work out how to get to the Horde Administrators
page either... I have done the old 'log on direct to the Imp'/'do the double
log on to Horde then Imp' shuffle to no effect...

I dropped the old mysql table and ran create_mysql.sql again, but I am not
sure that I have actually configured Horde to connect to the database...

Any help would be appreciated.

Gordon