[imp] encryption does not work in IMP 3

Mark Fink mark_fink at web.de
Fri Feb 18 01:12:49 PST 2005

Hi!

I just installed the brand new versions of your software a couple of days before. I came because of the encryption features. Unfortunately IMP installation is very tricky with almost no documentation at hand.

I get this message if I try to send an encrypted mail:
PGP Error: Could not determine the recipient's e-mail address

I have picked the e-mail address from the turba address book. The public key
of the recipient is stored there

I opened a bug because it might be a bug. This is what I received:
You don't have any search sources defined in the IMP preference
'search_sources'.

This makes no sense to me because I have the newest version of the software and there is no such 'search_sources' preference.

I am almost sure that I did the configuration right.

Maybe someone of you found out how to use the encryption feature and could provide me a hint.

Best Regards,
Mark