[imp] Re: encryption does not work in IMP 3

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Feb 18 02:39:48 PST 2005

Zitat von Mark Fink <mark_fink at web.de>:

> I just installed the brand new versions of your software a couple of
> days before. I came because of the encryption features. Unfortunately
> IMP installation is very tricky with almost no documentation at hand.

I'm about to go through the roof if I read such crap.

> I get this message if I try to send an encrypted mail:
> PGP Error: Could not determine the recipient's e-mail address
>
> I have picked the e-mail address from the turba address book. The public key
> of the recipient is stored there
>
> I opened a bug because it might be a bug. This is what I received:
> You don't have any search sources defined in the IMP preference
> 'search_sources'.

There is. And because whoever posted this comment assumed that you
probably want to set this value globally for all users, he was right in
pointing you to the preference name instead of the preference entry in
the UI.

> This makes no sense to me because I have the newest version of the
> software and there is no such 'search_sources' preference.

Then you didn't look close enough.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/