[imp] horde cache config with IMP 3.2 / multiple imap sessions per page hit Imp 3vs4

Michael Yingbull mbull at uoguelph.ca
Mon Feb 21 13:24:41 PST 2005

Could one of the development types or other lurking guru clarify for me
what the:

$conf['cache']

parameter tree in the horde/config/horde.php configuration file fully
relates to?  The comments indicate it will cache commonly used objects -
does this have an impact on IMAP connection requirements in IMP 3.2?
Will having this enabled  mean less imap connections per page hit?  What
does it cache?

I recall reading that IMP 4.x was more polite with the IMAP server in
not needed as many IMAP connections per page hit (I saw something in the
config about the folder  caching, etc).   How many connections to the
IMAP server does IMP 4 need to do per page display, in most common cases?