[imp] Re: Mail notification for Subfolders

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 25 07:57:53 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 16:44 +0100, Mark Fink wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 11:40 +0100, Sebastian Ilse wrote:
> >
> >>  Hi,
> >>
> >>  wen I get a new mail, my inbox looks like this [Inbox (1)]
> >>
> >>  I enabled filtering of email. But when a new mail is moved to a
> >>subfolder, there is not such a number beside the folder.
> >>
> >>  Is it possible to enable such a function?
> >
> > ----
> > # grep poll horde/imp/config/prefs.php
> > // list of folders to poll for new mail
> > $_prefs['nav_poll'] = array(
> >
> > # grep refresh horde/config/prefs.php
> >     'desc' => _("Set your startup application, color scheme, page
> > refreshing, and other display options."),
> >                        'summary_refresh_time', 'show_sidebar',
> > 'sidebar_width',
> >                        'moz_sidebar', 'menu_view', 'menu_refresh_time',
> > $_prefs['summary_refresh_time'] = array(
> > $_prefs['menu_refresh_time'] = array(
> >
> > Either change these (all users) or your own preferences in the options
> > for imp/horde
> >
> > Craig
> >
> I have the same problem, but I do not understand the solution you
> offered. I am not able to find the nav_poll option in the user options
> nor in the admin preferences. Do I have to edit the prefs.php file with
> an editor? What would be the correct setting for this functionality? Do
> I have to list the desired folders in the prefs file?
----
listing the desired folders in the prefs file would affect all users and
they may not even have the same folders.

If in imp you go to options -> folder -> check for new mail and select
which folder, this is an individual user option and the 'counts' are
recalculated based on 'refresh' options in 'horde'

Craig