[imp] Re: IMP - Installation H3 4.0.2 on horde 3.0.2 doesn't work for me

Lutz Mischa Heitmüller lmh at syscologne.de
Sat Mar 5 09:08:01 PST 2005

Craig White schrieb:

>On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 16:53 +0100, Lutz Mischa Heitmüller wrote:
>

>>Hi List,
>>
>>I have a problem installing imp-h3-4.0.2 on horde 3.0.2:
>>
>>I installed first horde, everything seems to work. The authentication
>>for horde I set to SQL authentication,
>>login works fine.
>>
>>Now I tried to install imp, unpacking the distribution into my
>>horde-directory and renaming it to imp.
>>I set all the owners of the files, copied the conf-files from the .dist
>>files to the real names and logged as Admin into Horde.
>>
>>Now when I click on Webmail it tells me that some of imps configuration
>>files are missing or unreadable.
>>(conf.php, mime_drivers.php, prefs.php, servers.php)
>>Checking my imp/config/ - directory, all files apart from conf.php exist
>>and have proper user rights.
>>
>>BUT: conf.php is missing!
>>On the screen when I click on Webmail it tells me this regarding conf.php:
>>options for the IMP scripts. You need to login as an administrator and
>>create the file with the web frontend under "Administration =>
>>Configuration".<<
>>
>>BUT: When I go there (web frontend under "Administration =>
>>Configuration") I don't see Mail or IMP or Webmail as a Application /
>>Link. Only Horde (horde) exists.
>>Under the horde-configuration registry.php - file imp exists and is set
>>to "active".
>>
>>What can I do now?
>>

>----
>it sounds to me like your install tree isn't quite right
>
>you should have...
>
>horde |-> config
>      |-> docs
>      |-> imp  -----> | -> config
>      |-> framework   | -> docs
>      |-> lib         | -> lib
>
>etc
>
>the imp directory directly inside the horde directory. of course, the
>executable bit must be set properly to allow the apache 'user' to be
>able to enter the directory...
>
>When that is correct, the 'Administration' => 'Setup' => should list
>Mail (imp)
>
>Craig

Hi Craig,

thanks for your quick answer!
You were right, I did a chmod -R 664 config/ on the config-directory to
allow www-data writing the files, without remembering to do a chmod +x
config/ on it afterwards to allow everybody to enter it again...
I realized it after you told me although i had a look for it before and
didn't see it (blind)

Thanks!

LMH