[imp] Re: addReceivedHeader() and blacklists

Christopher Murtagh christopher.murtagh at mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 7 11:26:53 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 14:17 -0500, Joseph Brennan wrote:
> But the mail IS originating on the client IP.

 Actually, to be picky, the SMTP isn't. The mail is being created by www
user on localhost.

> How do you handle smtp service for people on DSL lines?  Is
> that forbidden too?  You might as well be consistent.

 Yes, it is forbidden. I don't relay any mail except mail generated by
the machine or mail going to an allowed recipient.

> This strikes me as a problem with filtering, not with IMP.

 All I'm saying is that IMP behaves differently than Yahoo!, Hotmail,
GMail, etc.. It would be nice, as the admin of the box, to be able to
configure it the same way as these services. It's kinda crazy that I can
add the 'X-Originating-IP' header by simply removing a comment in
headers.txt, but I can't configure IMP to not add the first one. What is
the point of having both?

Cheers,

Chris

--