[imp] Re: addReceivedHeader() and blacklists

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Mon Mar 7 11:17:23 PST 2005

--On Monday, March 7, 2005 13:18 -0500 Christopher Murtagh
<christopher.murtagh at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> The problem with the
> addReceivedHeader() function is that Amavis now thinks that the email is
> originating from the client IP when in reality it's not. So, if the
> client sends from a DSL account (which are often blacklisted) Amavis
> will block their email.

But the mail IS originating on the client IP.  How do you handle
smtp service for people on DSL lines?  Is that forbidden too?  You
might as well be consistent.

This strikes me as a problem with filtering, not with IMP.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York